Translate

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Am I ready?

So I attempted to maintain a blog a while back.  It was fun for the first few posts.  Then I realized that it was like caring for another child.  I have enough things around me that needed care so I gave it up.

I'm restarting this endeavor because I like discourse.  I love having my ideas be corrected.  I find the most effective way to have that done is by putting them out there and having someone else give me some food for thought. 

That seems to have been much easier 100 years ago.  From my understanding, people did more/cared more/shared more about and with their neighbors and surrounding community.  Something about the advancement of technology seems to have put an end to those desires and efforts.  I have tried talking to my neighbors, and more often than not I find that nobody has interest in discoursing because they are afraid of offending or being offended.  Except for the people who have super strong opinions about how everyone else is wrong and needs to change.  Those folks love talking but it seems that little discourse can be carried out with them because they want to do very little listening. 

Well as the course of events have followed in my life, I have realized that the modern day version of neighbor's talking happens on the internet.  Not so much door-to-door neighbors but rather the internet can be a great area for those few who want to talk to do so.

And so, this is my feeble attempt at discourse.  I have no guarantee that my stay this time will be any different than the last time I came to visit.  It'll probably once again be short-lived.  Perhaps not, but in the interim...lets talk!

No comments: